Benefits of soaked Almonds
If your mother pleaded with you every morning to eat your daily dose of soaked almonds, then she may have been right. Choosing between soaked almonds and raw almonds isn’t just a matter of taste, it’s about picking the healthieroption.
The brown peel of almonds contains tannin which inhibits nutrient absorption. Once you soak almonds the peel comes off easily and allows the nut to release all nutrients easily.
How to soak? Soak a handful of almonds in half a cup of water. Cover them and allow them to soak for 8 hours. Drain the water, peel off the skin and store them in plastic container. These soaked almonds will last you for about a week.
Benefits of soaked almonds:
1. Aids Digestion – Soaking almonds helps in releasing enzymes which in turn help with digestion. Soaking almonds releases enzyme lipase which is beneficial for digestion of fats.
2. Aids weight-loss – The monounsaturated fats in almonds curb your appetite and keep you full. So feel free to snack on them because they’ll help you avoid binge-eating and trigger weight-loss. (Snack on these to burn belly fat)
3. Heart Friendly- Almonds keep your heart healthy, reduce bad cholesterol (low density lipoprotein) and increase good cholesterol (high density lipoprotein).
4. Source of Anti-Oxidants- Vitamin E present in soaked almonds works as an antioxidant which inhibits free radical damage that prevents ageing and inflammation.
5. Fights Cancer- Soaked almonds contain Vitamin B17 which is vital for fighting cancer. Flavonoids present in the almonds suppresses tumour growth.
7Regulates High Blood Pressure –Help in lowering and maintaining glucose levels and regulating high blood pressure. (Eat nuts to control blood sugar and fat)
8. Reduces Birth defects- Soaked almonds contain folic acid which reduces birth defects.